Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Vacation 2008

Well all I can say is that we had a blast. We had an amazing time with our family and friends. The kids and I went out for the first week, since Steve can't be gone too long from work. Before going to the airport we stopped off in a few places in Atlanta that we have been wanting to check out. We went to IKEA, which was really great. We got some ideas for our house and were able to get a better idea of what we both liked.

They had open-faced cabinets, all glass cabinets, half-glass cabinets, but the ones I really liked were these ones:

But I still felt it was too cluttery....then I saw these....



I still like the half glass white bookcases, but I would want them with the frosted glass. That way I don't have to worry about how it looks behind the glass.

Steve really liked these cabinets, although I didn't care for them.....I think they look 70'ish.




We also stopped of at The Container Store, which was totally cool.....I wish we had one closer, because you would really have to have reason to go all the way to Atlanta vs just going there, or at least a very big project.

Then we stopped off at The Cheesecake Factory for a dessert before heading over to the airport.
Everyone got a different cheesecake so I was able to try four new kinds. I am going to make a list and check them off to make sure that I have tried all the ones I want to. I have added to the list:


Original Cheesecake (Nicholas)


Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (Steve)


Dutch Apple Carmel Strudel Cheesecake(Sharon)



Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake (Emilia)


I am adding those tastes to the one I tried last time I was out here:

Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake (Sharon from a previous visit)


Any reason I go into Atlanta I am planning on going there for dessert, although their food is also excellent.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Great vacation! I love Ikea . . . I wish we had one here.

~.*.~Amber~.*.~ said...

You know, I STILL haven't seen any pictures of your house!!!

BTW, Paige is still talking about Adventure City!!! Good times!