Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LOS Update w/ Jordan too!!

I guess I could also update a little on the other important people in our life's out here.

Lucas Oscar Asselin is one tough little kid. He has done well with his appointments. Last month he got his prosthetic eye, which I am grateful I was able to be there for. It was so neat to see her paint his eye - it is amazing how well it looks. Last week he wasn't feeling well so Margaret took him to the doc's poor baby had a double ear infection and a sinus infection, but he's a trooper, you wouldn't know how sick he was from the way he acts. He hasn't had to have more laser for the spots in his left eye for a couple months so for now it's a wait and see period. He can walk so good and is starting to talk. He like to walk around with his toy phone saying Hi to Daddy. He is cute and cuddly.

Jordan has been doing great in Kindergarten this year. She is such a smart little girl. She is getting better every day at sounding out things - she can read quite a bit. She cut her hair to donate to Locks of Love, which made me sad at first because I liked playing with her hair, but it is so cute! Jordan loves doing girly things and is getting really good at picking out the cutest of outfits to wear to school. She is also a big help to Margaret trying to keep Lucas entertained and happy so Margaret can get things done around the house.

Margaret is still being a great stay-at-home Mom, working so hard to keep life in order for her family. Jeff is still on the road for work - they get to communitcate by skyping (phone call on internet, so they can see each other)

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Sharon, thanks for your sweet and encouraging comment on my blog.

I loved reading your updates here.

I have to say, I am so amazed by modern medicine. The fact that they can make little Lucas a prosthetic eye is so fantastic...and that we live in a day and age where he is thriving due to the wonders of medicine.

Great to read about Emilia and Lucas. Glad your whole family is doing well.

Lauren in GA said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for calling me a hoot ☺