Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Budgeting

I have been reading alot of blogs/websites from women doing amazing things...Things like a weekly grocery budget of $35, Yikes. I found this website thefamilyhomestead.com about how to make your own laundry soap that cost approx. 1 cent a load. Just around $.70 for a two gallons of laundry detergent vs the $5-$10 that it usually cost. It had alot of other great ideas. While I could do some...like the laundry soap, there were so many other ideas that I unfortunatly would not have the time to do. I am still researching ways to provide income so that I might one day be able to be a stay-at-home mom, but only time will tell. I am looking for ways to improve so that by August 2010 when Emilia starts the third grade, maybe I will be able to be home.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is a great website, I went and checked it out. I love it! They must be such an awesome family. I wish I were more like that, but I know I don't have the motivation to do everything she does. But I sure appreciate the good ideas she has that I can use. Awesome, thanks for sharing it!