Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Canning

I can remember over the years canning with my mother. We have made grape jelly, apricots, and I can clearly remember a case of exploding pumpkins. I have a sudden yearn to take up canning for my own little family. I have no supplies, but that will not deter me. I think I am going to start looking around for the necessities so I can be prepared for the next harvesting season that starts in May. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sharon, you are so awesome! It would be such a great thing to do. I wish I weren't too lazy to do it. I hope you know how much I admire you! It will be a real blessing to have jars full of things you canned.

Patriot said...

Hi! Just came across your blog tonight and wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week. Come check it out when you get the chance! Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!!!