Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Unconsious Gestures

It is amazing to me that with all we teach our children ABC and 123 and such that they seem to learn more by observing and repeating. They absorb our speach patterns our unconsious gestures, our habits. Yesterday Emilia (my six year old) and I were driving to my sister's house for Halloween. I had a glass of ice water and Emilia asked for some. We were at a stop light so I turned and gave it to her waiting for her to be done so that I could take it back. She took it, swallowed some and rolled her eyes with pleasure from the cold water. It was hilarious. No one taught her that. I am positive that I have done it when trying to get them to eat something at the dinner table. Mmmmmm! these vegtables are so good (eyes rolling heavenward). This is just one of many example of my daughter "learning" without being taught.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

I could totally see Emilia doing that. Good thing she has such an awesome Mom! Such fun.