Welcome

I am a 31 year old working mom. I have two children ages 6 & 8. I am newly remarried (two years and counting) and enjoy spending time with the hubs! Even though life is busy I try to take a little time to show what is going on in my world. This blog is mainly for daily happenings, finances and such. I have created a whole new blog at Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to chronicle my creative sides. You will find recipes, cooking adventures, crafts and a whole lot of digital scrapbook layouts.

ENJOY!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Aftermath

Well, I am proud to say that I did not fall prey to previous habits and consume copious amounts of food. I still ate more than I should have but did not overdue it. Of course it helps that I went to someone's house for dinner and they had plenty of (I am sure quite delicous) vegetables that I just don't eat. They had a sweet potato soufflee that had an camalized nut topping. They had a mess of greens. (I am in the south)
What could have killed me was the desserts.....apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pineapple upside down cake and strawberry cheesecake. I had a piece of the cheesecake and a sliver (and I do mean a sliver) of pumpkin. Now that isn't to say that I didn't take slices of the other stuff for leftovers.
All in all I am proud of myself. So how did you do???

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sharon, I'm definitely proud of you! I didn't do terrible either, but I didn't do as great as I should have. Bummer. Holidays are so hard. You don't want to gain, but you also don't want to sit and watch everyone else enjoying holiday food while you politely decline with your mouth watering! Anyway, good for you.